Get KoolPHP UI with 30% OFF!

Urlencode Warning

Jayme
Hello,
I am getting a warning saying "Warning: urlencode() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in $KoolControls\KoolGrid\koolgrid.php on line 1". I have changed the absolute path for relative to $KoolControls.
I think this was already solved on this forum, but I cant remembrer when and there is not a search tool here.
Does anybody have any clue on this matter? I am using Oracle Data Source.
Best regards.
Posted Feb 10, 2017 Kool
Jayme
Hello,
I have solved it.
The warning message has mentioned that an object was passed instead of a string, so, I have suspected it could be a CLOB I have included in the query.
I have removed the column from the query and everything is working fine on the grid.
But how do we deal with blobs in the KoolGrid ?
Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Posted Feb 10, 2017 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
I use blob fields, or text fields in my tables as any other field.
You may have data in it that causes an error in the grid though if it isn't properly encoded before being placed in the database.
Did you attempt to use the pre render event to see if encoding the column first corrects the error? I'm curious.
Posted Feb 13, 2017 Kool
Jayme
As a matter of fact I do not need the CLOB column on the grid.
If the user double-click the row and a certain column of the grid is not empty I should make visible a div block with the text wich the Clob column contains
That is the functionality I am planning.
Of course, if the Clob is present on the grid and may be easily shown on a div block it will be very nice.
Best regards.
Posted Feb 13, 2017 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
I would use the on cell click event to handle that.
http://doc.koolphp.net/Controls/KoolGrid/Javascript/ClientSide_Events/index.php#OnCellClick
Then write a php script to handle the posted change to the server via javascript.
You can either write your own ajax call, or use koolajax. There is also jquery ajax post, but the simplest way would be to use koolajax.
They have a nice ajax library that I prefer to use since they've wrapped the ajax post pretty nicely.
Posted Feb 13, 2017 Kool