Get KoolPHP UI with 30% OFF!

compatible with PHP-7

Malcolm Mcilhagga
Hi,
I am planning to upgrade to PHP-7 and was bit concern about Kool-Components, we mostly use KoolGrid and KoolTabs. Have you tested latest version of Kool-Components i.e. 8.7 with PHP-7, are they fully compatible with PHP-7?
Posted Nov 1, 2016 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
I'd suggest setting up a vps with php 7 on it to run tests on. I doubt it is php 7 compatible due to the variable declarations of "var" instead of "public".
Posted Nov 1, 2016 Kool
Peter
The "var" declaration will not be problem. Our control run well on php7. However on PHP7, there is no mysql_connect() so you may need another datasource like PDO to connect to MySQL.
Posted Nov 2, 2016 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
That is really good to know :)
Also a relief too.
I believe PHP 7 also uses mysqli as well.
Posted Nov 2, 2016 Kool
PHP
PHP 7 Compatibility Issues
PHP 7 Infrastructure Compatibility

A lot of hosting services have started to add support for PHP 7 . This is good news for shared hosting providers, as the performance gains will allow them to increase the number of client websites on their hardware, reducing their operating expenses and boosting their margins. As for the clients themselves, they should not expect too much of a boost under these conditions, but to be fair, shared hosting is not a performance-oriented choice anyway.
On the other hand, services that offer virtual private servers or dedicated servers will reap the full benefits of this performance bump. Some PaaS services like Heroku supported PHP 7 early on, but other services, like AWS Beanstalk and Oracle’s OpenShift, are lagging behind. Check your PaaS provider’s website to see if PHP 7 is already supported, or if support is coming in the near future.
Of course, IaaS providers allow you to take control of the hardware and install PHP 7 (or compile if that is more to your liking). PHP 7 packages are already available for major IaaS environments.
PHP 7 Software Compatibility

In addition to infrastructure compatibility, you also need to be mindful of potential software compatibility issues. Popular content management systems like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal have added support for PHP 7 with their latest releases. Major frameworks like Symfony and Laravel also enjoy full support.
However, it’s time for a word of caution. This support does not extend to third-party code in the form of add-ons, plugins, packages, or whatever your CMS or framework calls them. They may suffer from compatibility issues and it’s your responsibility to make sure everything is ready for PHP 7.
For active, maintained repositories, this should not be an issue. However, older and unmaintained repositories lacking PHP 7 support could render your whole app unusable.
Posted Apr 18, 2017 Kool
oliver
I recently upgrade to PHP 7.3 on my server, though i didn't do on live server. I created a staging server on my hosting platform (https://www.cloudways.com/en/php-cloud-hosting.php ) and then upgrade the PHP version to 7.3. I am using latest Kool version on this server. Some of the components are working fine, but one if them is not working, which Kool Auto Complete. Any help with it?
Posted Apr 25, 2019 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
What kind of error messages are you getting?
Are you getting errors in the php error log?
I'm curious.
Posted Apr 25, 2019 Kool
alex
PHP or Hypertext Preprocessor is a free language with no licensing fees that help us create dynamic websites. Being able to interact with many database languages like MySQL, PHP has become popular providing robust solutions.
Posted Jun 4, 2021 , edited Jun 4, 2021 Kool
Kito
The growth of online developers in India has been fueled by advancements in the IT industry and increased consumer understanding of the Internet. Ecommerce website design company enables you to sell your goods and services online through your website.
Website Development in Dubai
Posted Apr 19, 2022 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
I tested it with PHP 7 and 8 and had no issues with KoolPHP
Posted Jul 4, 2022 Kool
Maksim
Hello everyone! For all IT and development companies, I recommend hiring a dedicated customer support team, who will collect product feedback and answer customer questions. Constant contact with customers is a very important part of any business, because this way you can find problems on time and solve them. So I advise you not to neglect this and hire an outsourced team.
Posted Jul 5, 2022 , edited Jul 5, 2022 Kool
Scott
How do we go about making the controls work with mysqli vs mysql?
Posted Jan 30, 2023 Kool -
Anthony Amolochitis
Its the same as mysql actually.
If you're using MariaDB, I wrote a patch for the sorting issues faced in newer versions of MariaDB.
Posted Jan 30, 2023 Kool
Garison
When considering dissertation writing services cost, students weigh the benefits of professional assistance against their budget constraints. Balancing quality and affordability is crucial, and many seek services that provide a cost-effective solution without compromising on excellence.
Posted Dec 18, 2023 Kool