Get KoolPHP UI with 30% OFF!

GridFileColumn() and insert operations

André
I'm facing a problem with KoolGrid when using GridFileColumn() during an insert operation.
It seems that the "IdColumn" property is being updated just after the table insert occurs. I have the "TableName" folder created in my base dir, but the files are not uploaded to the folder identified by the "IdColumn" property, the files are being uploaded to the base dir. When I'm editing the record and try to upload files, the upload works fine and all the files are sent to the "IdColumn" folder.
Is there a way to set the "IdColumn" property using the JavaScript API?
Posted Sep 28, 2016 Kool -
Ross Holland
I'm having the same issue. I'm working on adding the record and then editing it, rather than letting the Grid add it. I'm using an AUTO_INCREMENT field on a MySQL database as my record ID, so all I need to do in theory is add a blank record and retrieve the ID to edit, however this is proving harder than I imagined :(. I can add the record using Javascript no problem, but then trying to find it again is proving difficult as the records in the grid are not there even after a commit - it appears that the LAST thing the grid does is display and only then is the new record available. So in essence I am trying to capture the add function, and turn it into an edit function having added the record myself.However I cannot get the record back to force the startEdit. At the moment, it sort of works, but the user has to press "Add" then "Edit".
I will also log this on my support area, and if I get an answer there I will re-post it here.
Cheers
Ross
Posted Jan 25, 2017 Kool
Peter
Dear Ross and Ande,
We have received your question in here and in the support ticket of Ross. However, we currently have Lunar New Year holiday so we beg your patience. We will get your questions answered in few days.
Regards,
Peter.
Posted Jan 27, 2017 Kool