Get KoolPHP UI with 30% OFF!

Populating New Row From Alternate Data Source - Looking For Clues

CASC
I have a requirement for which I haven't been able to turn up any examples or demos so I'm looking for clues from the community.
I have a grid bound to a MySQL table (call it SELECTED) which has about ten fields describing properties of a person (name, address, phone, etc.). The grid starts out empty.
I want to enable the user to select a record from another table (call it MEMBERS) which contains a list of people and their properties by viewing a subset of the properties (i.e. "LASTNAME, First - City") using some control (combo, grid, ??).
Ideally the selection could be done by some kind of autocomplete functionality (i.e. typing "SMI" filters all the "SMITH" records from the MEMBERS).
When a single row is selected from MEMBERS I want to populate a new row in the SELECTED grid which will ultimately be saved in the database in the SELECTED table.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA
Posted Mar 26, 2016 Kool
Anthony Amolochitis
I think you may need to use the insert template, or write a procedure to make an AJAX call to pull data from another database.
1. Pull data set.
2. Attach filter data to the grid bound to your table.
3. Post data back to the grid's script so to refresh your grid query based on your parameters.
Could you post a screenshot?
Posted Mar 28, 2016 Kool